VACANCIES – TEACHERS OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
The UIB Language Centre invites applications for vacancies in its English Language division for the 2016-17 academic year. The Centre is looking for knowledgeable and enthusiastic teachers of English who would like to work in an environment where change, innovation and initiative are valued. Applicants should hold a higher degree in a relevant discipline, such as English, TESOL or Applied Linguistics. (A master’s degree or that of “Specialist” is the minimum requirement) Interest and achievements in research will be an added recommendation.
If you are enthusiastic about change and renewal, if you want to help revitalize the teaching of English as a foreign language, then you might be the right person to join our team.
- An academic degree of candidate
- Experience: at least 3 years
- A covering letter
- A detailed, up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A description on the applicant’s views on and approach to teaching a foreign language in Kazakhstan
- Copies of certificates and testimonials
- The names, professional positions and contact details of at least two people who can be contacted for confidential references
Applications should be sent to:
Kenneth J. Saycell (Director: Language Centre, UIB) at email@example.com
Qualifications: Holders of master’s degrees in other disciplines will not be eligible for appointment to the permanent staff. They might be considered for appointment to part-time teaching, provided that they have a suitable record of experience as and achievements in the teaching of English in the tertiary sector.