Master program at the University of International Business was opened in the middle of 2000 as a reflection of the global tendency focused on unification and achievement of quality education within the frameworks of the Bologna process.
Master program is an independent level in two-level system of higher professional and postgraduate education, which allows you to:
- prepare highly qualified staff in the specific fields of science, technology and business;
- makes it possible to obtain scientific and pedagogical education.
Training of masters is focused on the implementation of research and teaching activities, as well as highly practical work that determines the direction of the Master’s program:
- scientific and pedagogical (2 years)
- Major (1-1,5 year)
The master’s program is taught in three languages (Kazakh, Russian and English):
Admission to the Master’s program
Admission of documents for the Masters’ degree program is done by 30th July of the current year. Admission of certificates of the English language to the Master’s degree program is done by 15th August of the current year.
Applicants for the Master’s degree must pass 2 entrance exams:
- Foreign language exam
- Exam on their specialty
A prospective graduate student must have all the prerequisites necessary to study on the appropriate graduate program. The list of necessary prerequisites is determined by the higher education institution independently.
If a prospective graduate student doesn’t have the necessary prerequisites, undergraduates are allowed to acquire them on a paid basis. In this case, Master’s degree program begins after the full completion of undergraduate prerequisites.
Documents required for admission to the UIB:
- Application for the name of the Top manager;
- A copy of the document on higher education with the academic transcripts;
- personal data sheet and a document confirming labor activities (for those with work experience);
- Six photos 3×4;
- Medical certificate form number 086;
- A copy of the identity card;
- a list of scientific and methodological papers (if any).
*** Together with copies of documents to the Admissions Office there should be provided the originals for verification. After verification, the originals are returned to applicants.
** Candidates have the right to submit to the admissions office a notarized copy of the certificate of entitlement to exemption from the entrance examination in a foreign language (if available):
- English: Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Programm (TOEFL ITP — not less than 460 score), Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Programm Internet-based Test (TOEFL IBT, not less than 87), (TOEFL not less than 560 score), International English Language Tests System (IELTS, not less than 6.0);
- German: Deutsche Sprachprufung fur den Hochschulzugang (DSH, NiveauС1/ level С1), TestDaF-Prufung (Niveau C1/levelС1);
- French: Test de Franзais International™ (TFI — not lower than B1 in reading and listening), Diplomed’Etudes en Langue francaise (DELF, level В2), Diplome Approfondi de Langue francaise (DALF, levelС1), Тest de connaissance du francais (TCF — not less than 400 score).