International policy studies
Specialty program: 5B020200
Elective subjects of the UNT: history and foreign language (English/French/German)
Language of instruction: Russian, Kazakh, English
The UIB graduates from INTERNATIONAL POLICY STUDIES are highly qualified specialists possessing knowledge and skills in the sphere of international law, world economy and international economic relations. They have the skills to organize foreign economic activity of an enterprise, conduct business negotiations, fluently speak at least one foreign language.
Graduates of this program work as:
- consultants in field of international relations;
- foreign-policy analysts;
- interpreters and etc.
Employment possibility in:
- foreign policy and external economic government bodies of management of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- multinational corporations having external economic and cultural ties;
- representative offices of national companies and national cultural centers abroad to
- conduct negotiations and conclude business agreements with foreign partners;
- information-analytical and scientific-research centers, in international non- governmental organizations.
Students of “International Relations” will have the following knowledge of:
- stages of development of the system of international relations and contemporary issues;
- the main stages of the history of Kazakhstan’s foreign policy;
- historical and cultural features of the types of regional cooperation among states in terms of interdependence, globalization;
- Schools of historical geopolitical thought;
- basics of diplomatic protocol and etiquette.
Students of “International Relations” will have the following skills:
- collection, processing and analysis of foreign media;
- interpersonal communication and teamwork, to know the ethical and legal norms regulating relations in society and abide by them in their professional activities;
- management decision making;
- proficiency in the state language, the language of international communication, as well as be able to use one of the foreign languages;
- contemporary research in the field of international relations and conflict resolution;
- Practical foreign language specialization.