Restaurant business and hotel business
Program code: 5B091200
Elective subject of the UNT: geography
Language of instruction: Russian, Kazakh
Tourism is one of the fastest growing sectors in the world economy and a source of income. Therefore, at the present stage there appears an actual demand of training for the hospitality industry, increases in demand for professionals who can quickly adapt to the environment, ready for practical activity, who re able to see the most promising and flexible solutions and be able to forecast a demand.
Graduates of this program work as:
- managers in the hospitality industry and restaurant business;
- administrator, assistant manager;
- managers of the restaurant, hotel;
- the heads of the reception in the hotels;
- headwaiter, room managers, administrators.
Students of “Restaurant business and hotel business” will have the following knowledge in:
- foreign languages, economic planning and organization of the restaurant business and hotel business;
- Fundamentals of the art restaurant business, culture, restaurant and hotel service
- how to choose the right staff;
- how to control the process of service, technology and technical training to the maintenance of production;
- in taking orders, organizes and conducts banquets, receptions controlled logistics;
- organizing promotional activities restaurants and hotels;
- providing training for staff in service and ethics of business communication;
- resolving conflicts (among staff between service personnel and customers);
- managing, organizing and evaluating the work of subordinates (head waiter, chef, cooks, waiters).