Program code: 5B090200
Elective subjects of the UNT: foreign language and geography
Language of instruction: Russian, Kazakh
TOURISM is one of the most dynamically developing economy sectors in the world and country’s source of income. Therefore nowadays there is a big demand for specialists of hotel and restaurant business, and there is a growing demand for professionals who are capable to adapt quickly for environment, to be ready for practical activities, to be able to see the most perspective and flexible decisions and forecast demand.
Graduates of this program work as:
- managers in hospitality industry and restaurant business;
- administrators, assistant administrators;
- managing directors of restaurant, hotel;
- heads of reception and hotel accommodation services;
- headwaiters, hall managers, administrators.
Employment possibility in:
- tourist camps, complexes of entertainments and rest;
- sanatoria, resorts and vocational hotels;
- restaurants, cafe, coffee houses, bars;
- own business.
Students of “Tourism” will have the following knowledge of:
- the fundamental methods of economical analysis and decision-making in the field of tourism business
- the functioning of the tourism market, banking and tax systems, issues of interaction of the system with external tourism macro environment (economic, social, technological, informational, political, environmental) for certain interactions with these phenomena and processes in real life;
- the role and the basic functions of government in the economy
- the implementation of socio-economic policy in the field of tourism; the essence of market relations in general and tourism in particular;
- the basic laws of the market and planned economies;
- rules for receiving and sending tourists from overseas and abroad
Students of specialty “Tourism” will have the following skills:
- tourist activity of business planning;
- compilation and documentation work with tourism;
- Design of tourist services;
- educational activities;
- organization of work in the tourism team, with a tourist group;
- research activities in tourism.